Terms & Conditions
Customer Service Policy
Top Idea is committed to providing exceptional customer service and quality products.
We value communication with our customers. Our website contains our address, email address, contact form, and phone number. In the event you experience any problems with our product or delivery, please contact us immediately.
Ordering from Our Website
We endeavour to make sure that all products listed on our website are currently in stock and pricing is true and correct. Standard delivery timeframes are between 3 and 8 business days. In the event that an ordered item is not available or we are unable to fulfill your order we will notify you within 2 business days to arrange an agreeable alternative item, a backorder or a full refund.
Please choose carefully. We do not normally give refunds if you simply change your mind or make a wrong decision.
You can choose between a refund, exchange or credit where goods are faulty, have been wrongly described, are different to the product purchased on the website or doesn’t do what it is supposed to do.
Damage in Transit
Top Idea uses only reputable transport services and packs products well to avoid damage in transit. If your products have been damaged in transit please contact us and we will arrange to have the products returned to us to be repaired or replaced.
Australian Consumer Law
Top Idea is a wholly Australian owned company. All products purchased from us come with the usual protections of Australian consumer law.
It is your responsibility to inspect the products on delivery. If you are unsatisfied with the quality, condition or specifications of the products delivered, contact us within one business day and raise your concern. Refunds will not be processed where you unreasonably delay contacting us or fail to inspect the product upon delivery.
Any refund approved under this policy will be made using the same payment method you used to purchase the product. Refunds will generally be processed within 14 days.
If goods are damaged or faulty when delivered Top Idea will pay for return transport of the products. In all other circumstances where a refund is approved you are responsible for the cost of return shipping.
Top Idea aims to ensure you receive your orders quickly and efficiently.
All orders are dispatched within 2 business days. Shipping times may be between 2 and 7 business days depending on your location within Australia.
Shipping will be charged for all orders unless otherwise specified. Shipping costs are calculated based on the size, weight and destination of the order. Exact shipping costs are calculated in the shopping cart and will be added to the order total before checkout.
Top Idea ships Australia-wide and internationally, however, only Australian orders may be placed through our website at this time. If you wish to place an order that requires international shipping please contact us on +61 2 8211 0211.
We cannot deliver one order to multiple delivery addresses. If you require items delivered to different addresses please order items separately and assign the different delivery addresses to each order. Alternatively you may place your order by phoning 1300 334 333.
All deliveries must be signed for when you receive them. Deliveries cannot be made to PO Boxes. If you are unable to take delivery of your items in person, or if you haven’t received them within a reasonable period, contact us for further instructions.
Top Idea is dedicated to protecting your privacy. Any information, we collect about you, is kept securely.
This policy applies to all of our dealings with you whether through our website or head office. Our policy is updated from time to time and we encourage you to check our website regularly for updates.
Information We Collect
In order to conduct business with you and deliver our products and services to you we collect contact information including your name, addresses, phone numbers, email address and other personal information.
How We Collect Your Information
We collect information from you when you fill out a product or service application or an administrative form (eg a change of address form) or when you give us personal information over the telephone or counter, or through our websites.
In certain cases we collect your personal information from third parties. For example, we may need to collect personal information from a credit reporting agency, your representative (such as a legal adviser), your financial adviser, your employer or publicly available sources of information or any of the other organisations identified below.
Protecting Your Information
Top Idea protects information received by establishing appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard the information we collect. This helps prevent unauthorised access, maintains data accuracy and ensures that the information is used correctly.
In line with modern business practices we may disclose your personal information to the organisations described below. Where your personal information is disclosed we will seek to ensure that the information is held, used or disclosed consistently with relevant privacy principles.
Organisations we may disclose your information to include those:
- Involved in providing, managing or administering your product or service such as third party suppliers, other affiliate organisations, loyalty and affinity program partners, printers, posting services and call centres that are providing a service on behalf of Top Idea
- That are affiliate organisations within the Top Idea Group who wish to tell you about their products or services that might better serve your needs or promotions or other opportunities, except where you tell us not to
- Involved in maintaining, reviewing and developing our business systems, procedures and infrastructure including testing or upgrading our ecommerce systems
- Involved in a corporate re-organisationinvolving a transfer of all or part of the assets or business of the organisation
- Involved in the payments system including financial institutions, merchants and payment organisations
- Involved in product planning and development
- Which are your representatives including your legal advisers
- Required or authorised by law, for example, to government or regulatory bodies for purposes related to public health or safety, the prevention or detection of unlawful activities or to protect public revenue
- Where you have given your consent.
How We Use Your Information
Information we collect from you is principally used to provide our products and services to you. It may also be used for invoicing, to assess credit applications, to protect against fraud, to arrange deliveries, for analysis, reporting and training purposes,to personalise your shopping experience, or to keep you informed about products and services that may be of interest to you.
Your Privacy on the Web
We take care to ensure that the personal information you give us on our websites is protected. For example, our websites have electronic security systems in place that require users to login to view information. It is important to protect your user ID and password to prevent unauthorized access to your account. If you believe your login has been compromised or your account accessed without your authority, please notify us immediately.
Our sites may place cookies in your browser to manage logins, place items in a shopping cart, provide more relevant information to you the next time you visit and for reporting and analysis purposes. A cookie is a piece of information that is deposited by our webserver when you visit the website, and is stored on your computer’s hard drive by your web browser. On revisiting the website, our server will recognise these cookies, giving us information about your last visit. Most browsers accept cookies automatically, but usually you can alter the settings of your browser to prevent automatic acceptance.
Every time you connect to our websites, web server logs will be stored which show your IP address (the unique number which your machine uses when it is connected to the Internet); how you found our site; what you looked at; whether the page request was successful or not, and which browser and operating system you used to view the pages. The use of this data is strictly for statistical and personalisation purposes. This helps us understand which areas of the site are of particular interest and also which pages are not being requested. It also tells us how many hits and page requests we receive and alerts us to problems on the site that need fixing.
Links to Other Sites
You may be able to access external websites by clicking on links we have provided.Those other websites are not subject to our privacy standards, policies and procedures. You will need to contact or review those websites directly to ascertain their privacy standards, policies and procedures.
When purchasing from Top Idea Pty Ltd your financial details are passed through a secure server using the latest 128-bit SSL (secure sockets layer) encryption technology.128-bit SSL encryption is approximated to take at least one trillion years to break, and is the industry standard. If you have any questions regarding our security policy, please contact our customer support centre at email@example.com
Your Sensitive Information
Without your consent we will not collect information about you that reveals your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs or affiliations, membership of a professional or trade association, membership of a trade union, details of health, disability, sexual orientation, or criminal record.
This is subject to some exceptions including:
- Where the collection is required by law
- When the information is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of a legal claim.
Resolving your privacy issues
- Speak directly to our staff and they will do their best to resolve your issue. If investigation is required we will keep you advised of progress. If staff are unable to resolve the matter, it will be escalated as appropriate to facilitate resolution.
- Call our office on 1300 334 333 any time between 9am and 4pm Monday to Friday EST.
- Email your issue to firstname.lastname@example.org
Accessing the Personal Information We Hold
You can request access to the personal information we hold. We may charge you our reasonable costs to provide that information when you request it.
Under certain circumstances we may lawfully withhold the information we hold. For example:
- If access would pose a serious threat to the life or health of any individual
- If access would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of others
- If a request is frivolous or vexatious
- If the information relates to a commercially sensitive decision making process
- If access would be unlawful
- If access would prejudice enforcement activities relating to criminal activities and other breaches of law, public revenue, a security function or negotiations with you
- If there is a current legal dispute subject to resolution proceedings
- If denying access is required or authorised by or under law
We will give you reasons if we deny access.
Requests for access to information must be submitted in writing.
Keeping your personal information accurate and up-to-date
We aim to make sure that the personal information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date. We will take reasonable steps to make sure this is the case. If you believe your personal information is not accurate, complete or up to date, please contact us.